The GSD is designed to carry two kids, a week’s worth of groceries, or 180 kg of cargo, but it’s only 180 cm long—the same length as a standard ebike. With Tern’s best-in-class folding technology, it packs down small enough to fit in a VW Touran or an urban apartment. Plus, it adjusts to fit riders from 150 – 195 cm—so mom, dad and the kids can all share it. Despite everything it can haul, the GSD is actually the same length as a regular ebike, so it fits anywhere a standard ebike can. But there are lots of places a standard ebike doesn’t fit. That’s why we designed it to pack down to 1/3rd its volume in only 10 seconds. That means you can store your utility bike in your urban apartment, fit it in the elevator, or stash it in a train for weekend getaways. With room for up to two Thule Maxi child seats, plus grocery space to spare, the GSD lets you ditch the minivan. The low step-thru frame makes getting on and off much safer, and with an extra low center of gravity, the GSD is stable and steady.
Go on, Go on...
The GSD boasts cargo-bike capacity, despite its city-bike footprint—up to 180 kg (400 lbs.) including rider. Build it up with Cargo Hold Panniers and the Shortbed and Transporteur racks, to carry industrial strength Eurocrates, a week of groceries or a family picnic plus the kitchen sink.
- Fits easily on buses and subways for electric multi-modal commuting
- Resizes in seconds to fit riders 147 – 195 cm (4’10” – 6’5”) so a single bike can be shared by the family
- Stores under a desk for convenient theft protection; no need to bring a heavy lock
- Stash a pair in the trunk of a car for weekend getaways
- German-engineered Bosch Active electric drivetrain—the industry leader in electric bike technology
- T-Tuned™ geometry for a full-sized ride and comfort
- Valo™ lighting system, with 150 lumens of power, for 24-hour visibility
- Rear Cargo Rack™ works seamlessly with Yepp child seats—Maxi Easyfit or Junior Easyfit—for carrying kids
Go on, Go on, Go on...