This new Racing 5 has been brought in for 2016 with the wider rim as on the standard 5 LG and of course now disc specific. They have been designed with a slightly wider rim to facilitate an easier fitting of 25c tyres. This means the rider can benefit from better comfort, better grip and slower tyre wear.
Racing 5 are designed for everyday use and training. An optimum proposal from Fulcrum which guarantees excellent quality.
- Oversized disc brake hub with oversized aluminium flange and sealed high-quality bearings ensure smoothness.
- The rear wheel incorporates a new single-piece body which embodies the freewheel body and pawl carrier in a single component resulting in a considerable weight reduction.
- Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio on rear wheel, double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability and improved power transfer in the rear wheel. 21 spokes on front wheel, 21 on rear.
- Plasma treated HG freewheel
- The Racing 5's also have a deep upper bridge on the rim to facilitate clincher tyre fitting.
NB: Only the product listed with QR come with QR adaptors, others only come with 135 or 142 by 10 or 12 adaptors.
Check out a host of technical information over on Fulcrum's website.
This special milling makes it possible to reduce the peripheral weight of the rim and to increase the reactivity of the wheel
DIFFERENTIATED RIM HEIGHT
26mm at the front for optimal manoeuvrability; 30mm at the back to transfer all the power to the wheel
HIGH PRECISION PROCESSING OF THE RIM
allows to obtain a perfectly even structure and to remove tension areas in the rim
AERODYNAMIC PROFILE IN ALUMINIUM
enables the maximum aerodynamic penetration and, thanks to the material used, less weight and greater reactivity
make it possible to reduce the peripheral mass of the wheel to the minimum, thus increasing its reactivity
HUB BODY IN CARBON
provides a high level of lateral stiffness and reduces the weight to a minimum
reduces the overall weight of the wheel
NEW OVERSIZE FLANGE
8% more torsional stiffness. Greater reactivity to each change in pedalling tempo and more efficient power transmission to the wheel.
Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die. Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure
- See more at: http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/en/collection/road/alu/products/racing-zero#sthash.jBYS7BnJ.dpuf