Fulcrum // Racing Zero / Wheelset
Race after race, Zero wheels have become synonymous with excellence, quality, reliability… and victory!
The Racing zero has been redesigned for 2017 to better facilitate the use of 25c tyres. Making the rim slightly wider than before means 25c tyres can now be fitted with a more square profile for better rolling and aerodynamics. The Racing Zero has the following features:
• A carbon front hub with oversize flange is used creating a light weight but stiff hub. The rear hub is single piece aluminium for increased stiffness.
• 22.5mm rim width
• Differentiated rim heights – 25mm at front for optimal manoeuvrability; 30mm at rear for optimal power transfer
• Triple milling of the rim saves weight but also creates an aerodynamic profile.
• Fulcrum Dynamic Balance keeps the Racing zero wheels perfectly stable but is achieved in the rim milling process rather than spokes in the Racing 5.
• Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio on rear wheel double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability and improved power transfer in the rear wheel. 16 radial aero spokes on front wheel21 on rear.
• The Racing Zero wheels feature Fulcrums USB ceramic bearings which are 30% lighter 40% more resistant and 50% smoother compared to the steel bearings featured in the 3's 5's and 7's.
Total Weight - 1518g
Check out a host of technical information over on Fulcrum's website.
This special milling makes it possible to reduce the peripheral weight of the rim and to increase the reactivity of the wheel
DIFFERENTIATED RIM HEIGHT
26mm at the front for optimal manoeuvrability; 30mm at the back to transfer all the power to the wheel
HIGH PRECISION PROCESSING OF THE RIM
allows to obtain a perfectly even structure and to remove tension areas in the rim
AERODYNAMIC PROFILE IN ALUMINIUM
enables the maximum aerodynamic penetration and, thanks to the material used, less weight and greater reactivity
make it possible to reduce the peripheral mass of the wheel to the minimum, thus increasing its reactivity
HUB BODY IN CARBON
provides a high level of lateral stiffness and reduces the weight to a minimum
reduces the overall weight of the wheel
NEW OVERSIZE FLANGE
8% more torsional stiffness. Greater reactivity to each change in pedalling tempo and more efficient power transmission to the wheel.
Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die. Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure
- See more at: http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/en/collection/road/alu/products/racing-zero#sthash.jBYS7BnJ.dpuf