The BBT-9 is used to remove and install external bearing crankset bottom brackets. One end of the BBT-9 securely engages the 16 notches of the bottom bracket cups. The other end of the tool engages the 8 internal splines of the crank arm adjustment cap.
- A highly durable metal tool to remove and install Shimano HollowTech II integrated Bottom brackets and chainsets
- 16 Laser cut splines securely engage the notches of the bottom bracket cups, while the other end fits the 8 internal splines of the crank arm adjustment cap
- Plastic coated handle for a secure and comfortable grip
- Warning: this tool has a long handle and it is possible to damage the tool or the component by over-tightening during installation
- Recommended torque setting for bottom bracket cups: 35 - 50 Nm
- Recommended torque setting for crank arm adjustment cap: 0.4 - 0.7 Nm
For more information on this brand visit the company's website.
The BBT-9 fits cups and lockrings with 16 external notches and an outside diameter of approximately 44mm.
The BBT-9 works with many external bearing crankset bottom brackets, including:
- Shimano® Hollowtech II
- Campagnolo® Ulta-Torque and Power Torque
- Race Face®
- Chris King®
- Phil Wood® outboard bearing
The BBT-9 also fits rotor disc lockrings which use 16 external notches.